A new Journaling Circle brought to you by Cynthia Gum
Cynthia Gum is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and was also a caregiver for her husband Stan for fifteen years. After her husband’s death in 2020, she began to realize how much her journaling practice had helped her hold on through the emotional challenges and difficulties she had faced. She began a program and training at Stanford University in early 2022 to examine how she might help caregivers develop better selfcare and compassion, through journaling.
Beginning February 18, Cynthia is offering Journaling for Compassionate Self-Care (It’s an Inside Job.) This journaling circle will meet on Zoom on the third Saturday of each month from 10-11:30 AM Pacific Time. While it is perfect for caregivers, this program is open to anyone interested in becoming a better giver-of-care to themselves.
Cynthia feels that traditional journaling too often becomes either a dump truck for emotions/feelings/negativity, or a diary with just the facts. “The best thing I did for myself as a caregiver, was to journal and not only write about my inner thoughts / feelings / confusions / overwhelms, but to write to and connect deeply with my inner self for compassion, wisdom, and guidance. Using the logic of my mind was not enough; I needed the guidance of my heart and intuition as well.”
Journaling for Compassionate Self-Care (It’s an Inside Job) will introduce you to the benefits that expressive writing can offer during times of difficulty. In this program, Cynthia wants to help you go from writing about self-care to going within and listening more deeply to your inner wisdom for guidance and clarity.
Specifically, this journaling circle will provide:
- A clearly defined process for expressive writing/journaling.
- A compassionate community for connection.
- A safe space to explore your emotions.
- A writing process that will help you create compassionate conversations with yourself for clarity and over-coming overwhelm.
Journaling for Compassionate Self-Care (It’s an Inside Job) is for you if:
- You are feeling lost in emotions and self-doubt.
- You feel overwhelmed caring for someone else and putting yourself on the back burner or neglecting your own self-care.
- You’ve lost connection with yourself.
- Emotional depletion has you feeling anxious and uncertain.
- You’d like to cultivate a kinder, more self-compassionate voice inside yourself.
Building innovation to, consequently, create actionable insights. Considering above the fold while remembering to create a better customer experience.